Monday, August 06, 2007

Books on CD experience returns

In some of my previous projects, the generally low intellectual quotient required of the work had allowed me to engage in other diversions simultaneously. One such diversion was listening to a book on CD while reviewing the work. One series I listened to was "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman. They're apparently turning the first book into a motion picture.

[EDIT: removed the annoying QT video clip that slowed the page down. /bleah Seriously though, check out this movie at Golden Compass's website.]

So I hope that video embed works. Anyway, it looks pretty cool to me! I'm hoping it does well so they make the second and third books into movies too. I was a little dismayed to read that for "viability" in the American market, they're not touching the controversial religious aspects of the books (which can be interpreted as an attack on Judeo-Christian dogma and even a condemnation of the Christian Churches). Anyway, for a "children's" series it's actually pretty cool and I'm definitely looking forward to the movie!