Monday, September 10, 2007

New fan of Brandi Carlile

I'd heard a couple of Brandi Carlile's songs in recent months on radio stations like KFOG and always found myself watching the scrolling text on my car display hoping to catch artist name and song title. Having done that at least a few times and seeing her name, I was definitely enthusiastic when my friend asked if I wanted to see her show at the Fillmore this past weekend. It was a great show (not that I'm an expert on these things); her performance was powerful and genuine with a huge artistic range.

Now I'm a rock fan, so some of her folksier songs were not really up my alley, but they were still great to listen to. Here's a review of the show from the Mercury News.

Edit: updated the google video links on the right for some Brandi Carlile vids!