Monday, July 25, 2005

Current events

In short breaks I sometimes take to refocus on my work, I like to keep up with current events by browsing online news outlets. A couple of stories which caught my attention this morning were news of the discovery of a stone age "multi-use" tool, and of the discovery that cats may totally lack the ability to sense sweetness in their food.

I guess it should come as no surprise either that early humans from 28,000 years ago may have used sex aids or that the early example found was in what is now Germany. I mean, those Germans are pretty notorious. Another interesting thing is that the tool was also used to shape flints -- truly a multi-dimensional household item. One could imagine it being sold in a Stone Age Sharper Image or Home Depot next to the Swiss Army knives and home improvement items.

I don't have much to say about those poor cats except sucks for them.

No comments: