Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Guugle r in ur naybrhud, blowin' ur mynd!!!!!!! ^ >O< ^

I saw a tutorial for the "Streetview" function in Google maps (srsly! click me!)! I put in my own address and I saw my own house from street level. How is this possible!? Google must have invented autonomous camera-armed robots and are planning to monitor my pr0n.. errrr children's cartoon consumption habits! Do you know how bizarre that feels? I feel kinda dirty actually.... *cue theme from the Crying Game*

Seriously though, from the look of the picture in front of my house, they must have driven by sometime in February or something and captured my neighborhood. Freaky. Upon zooming out, however, I realized that the Street View function is fairly limited in scope ~ being constrained to only 5 metropolitan areas in the U.S. only.

It was only fated coincidence that my neighborhood was close enough to Google Mountain View that it was included in this first round of the new Street View Service.

Check out the view from the Oval in Stanford University! Click and drag on that mofo to git a reeeeal good look.