Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm so there

I just saw the trailer for a movie coming this fall, Elizabeth: The Golden Age. It's a sequel to one of my favorite movies, Elizabeth, which covered the early years of Queen Elizabeth's life. Of course, it's not a historical documentary or anything like that so it's full of inaccuracies and artistic license, but it's so very interesting to see how a great person faced the enormous pressures of her station and managed to come out on top.

I was so enormously disappointed when it lost to the corny and saccharin Shakespeare in Love in the 1999 Oscars. I saw that movie and wanted my 10 bucks and 2 hours back; imagine my dismay when it won all those Oscars.

The new film should have some exciting action scenes with the English taking on the famed Spanish Armada. Take a look at the trailer ~~ how can this not be an awesome movie? I pray I don't find out.

Click on the video links to the right for some vids, or check out the international trailer or the longer U.S. trailer.

P.S. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!